Last updated 1st December, 2020
Any questions regarding our privacy practices should be directed to the data privacy officer.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND USE
Personal data collected automatically:
Himatsingka website collects certain information automatically and stores it as logs. The information collected by Himatsingka is as follows:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, device type used to access the website, browser type, operating system and other information about the usage of Himatsingka’s website, including a history of the pages you view. This is typically done to recognize your device, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics to enable Himatsingka in providing better user experience to you in your future visits to this website.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED FROM YOU
Himatsingka directly collects your personal data in the following ways:
- By entering information to contact us, Himatsingka collects your name, email address, country of residence, phone number, job title, company you represent and details of the inquiry to enable Himatsingka to respond to a general/business inquiry made by you on behalf of your company. Himatsingka shall also use your information in order to send you our newsletters and other alerts with respect to our Product(s). Please note that Himatsingka may also be collecting any information that you may have mentioned in any communication/email that you send to Himatsingka after registering on this website.
You provide information to us when you:
- search for, subscribe to, our offerings;
- create or administer your account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using our site);
- configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with us;
- register for or attend a Himatsingka event;
- purchase our products, or services from third-party providers, market places or through our own site (or other similar venues operated or provided by us);
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms;
- post on our website or participate in community features; and
- employ notification services.
c) Depending on your use of our site, you might supply us with information such as:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- payment information, including credit card and bank account information;
- your location;
- your organization and contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us;
- your image (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you, when you attend our event (s) or use our offerings;
- identity, including government-issued identification information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- VAT numbers and other tax identifiers
You also have the option to subscribe/opt-in to receive newsletters, new alerts and marketing content. You can always opt-out of such options using our blog or click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email newsletter. Himatsingka shall adhere to your preferences.
Himatsingka, its subsidiaries and group companies have implemented adequate technical and organizational safeguards, in line with industry standards to ensure the security of personal data, including the prevention of alteration, loss, damage, unauthorized processing or access, of such personal data. Himatsingka appreciates the sensitive nature of the personal data, and the risks to which such personal data is exposed by virtue of human action and the physical or natural environment.
The key security measures to keep your personal data secure and confidential include but are not limited to:
- Limiting the access of employees to such personal data.
- Ensuring that such access is on a strictly need to know basis, such as to respond to an inquiry or request.
- Enforcing strict disciplinary action on employees who misuse such personal data.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Himatsingka is part of an international group of companies and, as such, transfers personal data concerning you to territories wherever Himatsingka has its business operations. Please visit https://himatsingka.com/contact-india.html to see list of companies within our corporate group.
Himatsingka transfers personal data between our subsidiaries and affiliated entities and delivery centres for the purposes explained above.
Your personal data is stored in databases, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services that Himatsingka engages, located in various territories wherever Himatsingka has its business operations.
Where we transfer personal data to different territories, we either transfer personal data to countries that provide an adequate level of protection (as determined by the European Commission) or we have appropriate safeguards in place. Appropriate safeguards to cover these transfers are in the form of standard contractual/data protection clauses.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
- keep all personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration Himatsingka’s need to answer queries or resolve problems, or any other purpose outlined above or to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that Himatsingka may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after, for example, the end of the contract with the client you represent, or after your query has been addressed. After this period, your personal data will be deleted from all Himatsingka systems.
- Honour your request to have your personal data deleted at any time. You may always choose to opt-out by writing to us at DPO@himatsingka.com.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have a right to:
- Request access to your personal data and request details of the processing activities conducted by Himatsingka, its subsidiaries, group companies or branches.
- Request that your personal data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data by Himatsingka in certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
- Object to, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
- Withdraw any consent you may have provided at any time by contacting Himatsingka.
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
This site contains links that may lead you to other sites. Be careful when accessing these links, as Himatsingka is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Himatsingka is the controller of data for the purposes of GDPR. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed, you can contact our data protection officer at DPO@himatsingka.com.